Today, we’re going to talk about how to get the right message to the right people at the right time in the right place. How do you do this? Consumer journey mapping. Journey mapping is the visual representation of the journey your customer would go through to complete a specific action on your website. In this episode, we are walking through the 5 levels of awareness and giving you the secrets to completing your own consumer journey map.
- The 4 pillars to customer acquisition:
- Strong brand
- Market/brand awareness
- Targeted lead generation
- Sales proficiency
- 70% of the buying decision has already been made before a customer lands on your website
- Creating a consumer journey map means you understand who your buyers are and know their buying habits
- What is a consumer journey map?
- The visual representation of the journey your customer would go through to complete a specific action on your website.
- How to complete your customer journey map:
- The completed action is your end goal, but now you need to backtrack to figure out what steps are taken to get there
- Write down every possible consumer touchpoint that could land someone on your website, based on their awareness level of your brand
- The 5 levels of awareness
- Not aware
- Problem aware
- Solution aware
- Product aware
- Most aware
- Test your assumptions as you think of them- the consumer journey map is not a one time thing
- Continue to refine your map over time
- The game of digital advertising is all about optimization and refinement
Thanks for checking out The #WeAreSlam Show, a digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency, the show exists to help marketing professionals, directors, and executives grow their brands and reach their customers in a more effective way. The #WeAreSlam Show is released weekly and featured on all popular podcast and video networks. Subscribe below at your favorite provider:
Subscribe to the #WeAreSLAM Show
The #WeAreSlam Show releases with a new topic every Monday morning at 8:00 A.M.
Learn marketing insights, best practices and ideas to help your business grow. The #WeAreSlam Show is a digital marketing podcast released every week for marketing professionals just like you.
Here's What Our Customers are Saying