Two Things Every Video Must Have
Today we’re talking about the two things you absolutely must have when you’re creating effective video. In this episode, SLAM! digital producer Michael Baker and co-founder Tyler Kelley discuss effective video in a digital world. SPOILER ALERT: the two must-haves for effective video are Attention and Engagement.
They also discuss:
- 50% of current network traffic is video
- The accessibility of DSLR cameras and cell phones
- To make an effective video you need to grab attention in the first 3-5 seconds
- Ways to get attention of viewers scrolling through social feed
- Knowing your audience and appealing to them
- Appealing to emotion and using it as engagement point
- Allstate insurance mayhem commercials
- Budweiser Dilly Dilly commercials
- Tugging at the heartstrings during holiday and super bowl commercials
- Social media content will work on TV, but not the other way around
Thanks for checking out The #WeAreSlam Show, a digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency, the show exists to help marketing professionals, directors, and executives grow their brands and reach their customers in a more effective way. The #WeAreSlam Show is released weekly and featured on all popular podcast and video networks. Subscribe below at your favorite provider:
The #WeAreSlam Show releases with a new topic every Monday morning at 8:00 A.M.