Today, we’re going to talk about the potential death of traditional marketing. Traditional marketing’s goal is to interrupt consumers via mass media, but in today’s day and age, consumers have unlimited options and short attention spans. Will 2020 be the start of a digital marketing dominated era? We think so! In today’s episode, we discuss the real goal of traditional marketing, how it’s failing to capture people’s attention, and how digital marketing is planning to take over.
- Why do brands spend $30 million+ on Super Bowl ads?
- Answer: people are actually watching commercials
- The different traditional marketing methods
- TV, Radio, Print, Out-of-Home, cold calling, spam emails, etc.
- The real goal of traditional marketing is to interrupt consumers with your product or service (whether they want to buy from you or not)
- Typically this approach doesn’t work because there are are so many other options out there
- Why traditional marketing fails to capture people’s attention
- 60 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds
- Over 4 billion pieces of content are uploaded to the Internet daily
- Professionals spend 50% of their time managing information rather than acting on it
- If the product or service being marketed isn’t relevant to the end user, it will not be remembered and tuned out immediately
- Today, Fortune 500 companies have a life cycle of 15 years (unless they can pivot their marketing/sales to stay up to date)
- Procter & Gamble Company is a great example of this
- CNBC predicts that digital advertising will overtake traditional advertising this year
- 51% of all spend is projected to be digital
- B2B sales expected to outgrow B2C e-commerce sales in 2020
- 2020 is the start of a digital marketing dominated era
- How this years election is going to affect the advertising space
- Understand how to capture the attention of your buyers
- What motivates, captivates, and inspires your customers?
- Take the guesswork out of marketing and understand (fully) who your customers are
Thanks for checking out The #WeAreSlam Show, a digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency, the show exists to help marketing professionals, directors, and executives grow their brands and reach their customers in a more effective way. The #WeAreSlam Show is released weekly and featured on all popular podcast and video networks. Subscribe below at your favorite provider:
Subscribe to the #WeAreSLAM Show
The #WeAreSlam Show releases with a new topic every Monday morning at 8:00 A.M.
The #WeAreSlam Show is a weekly digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Here's What Our Customers are Saying