“The power of storytelling is undisputed, it’s how we connect with people, build movements, and nurture cultures.” – Tyler Kelley
Today, we’re talking about the power of stories and revealing the 4 types of stories every business should have. Good storytelling allows you to create raving fans and a community that is one with your brand. In this episode, Tyler and Michael are going to break down the 4 story types and how they can benefit your brand.
- Stories have the ability to build and strengthen communities
- Story Type #1: Origin Story
- Creates context for why you exist
- Must be factual, emotional, & have some form of ideological truth
- What is your “Why”
- Story Type #2: Value Story
- Share your values
- Shine a light on your culture
- Story Type #3: Vulnerable Story
- Drives emotional impact by shedding light on something you might not normally share with the world
- Humanize your experiences to allow your audience to relate and connect
- Fear can often times lead you towards the right direction
- Story Type #4: Personal Story
- Sharing stories about people in your organization (not about you)
- When people start to connect with your organization’s story, your story becomes their story
- Nike is a good example of sharing stories that resonate with their audience
- Good storytelling allows you to create raving fans and a community that is one with your brand
Thanks for checking out The #WeAreSlam Show, a digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency, the show exists to help marketing professionals, directors, and executives grow their brands and reach their customers in a more effective way. The #WeAreSlam Show is released weekly and featured on all popular podcast and video networks. Subscribe below at your favorite provider:
Subscribe to the #WeAreSLAM Show
The #WeAreSlam Show releases with a new topic every Monday morning at 8:00 A.M.
Here's What Our Customers are Saying