Today, we’re talking about our favorite types of video. We have narrowed down the best 9 video types that will be the most effective for your brand or business. In general, people have two motivations to watch a video: to be entertained OR to be educated. In this episode, Michael and Tyler are going to break down the 9 different types and explain how they can benefit your marketing and branding efforts.
The TOP 9 types of video:
9. Highlight Video
- Effective for events, conferences, festivals, & things that only happen 1-2X/year
- Fun, upbeat music
- Flashy look and feel
- Not a lot of story, but more so to show off something your brand did
8. Teaser Video
- Usually comes out of a longer form piece of content
- Typically very short on purpose to get people to go to the long form version
7. Product Review Video
- A video for people in your industry, not about a product you sell
- Ex. reviewing a social media management platform that you use
- Something that could bring increase to prospects
6. Explainer Video
- Best used for startups and new businesses that need to explain what they do in their own words
- Explain what you’re doing to help change the world
5. Tutorial or How-To Video
- Educating the viewer
- What is your prospect searching for? Make a video about it!
- Documenting what you do in your daily life or business life
- Effective for building a strong following/audience who have interest in your brand
- Showing the personality of the brand or business through the employees
3. Interview Video
- Interview experts or authorities in your industry that will be a resource to your potential customers
- Interview videos are a great way to grow your own audience
2. Brand Story Video
- Give your audience context for why you exist from a big-picture POV
- Should include your mission and values
- Include customers and shareholders to help tell your story
- Emotion and purpose are key
1. Testimonial Video
- Third party videos about your business are typically going to be more effective because they’re more believable than you talking about yourself
- Gives people a positive outlook on your brand from a different perspective
Thanks for checking out The #WeAreSlam Show, a digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency, the show exists to help marketing professionals, directors, and executives grow their brands and reach their customers in a more effective way. The #WeAreSlam Show is released weekly and featured on all popular podcast and video networks. Subscribe below at your favorite provider:
Subscribe to the #WeAreSLAM Show
The #WeAreSlam Show releases with a new topic every Monday morning at 8:00 A.M.
The #WeAreSlam Show is a weekly digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.