Today, we’re talking about the process of sequential advertising during the buyer’s journey. Sequential advertising is the act of distributing your advertising in a sequence that will benefit the consumer. In this episode, Tyler and Michael discuss the purpose of sequential advertising and break down the process through the importance of narrative and the red & blue ocean audiences.
- Importance of Narrative:
- Advertising the story, not the product
- Standard Advertising vs. Sequential Advertising
- Standard Advertising: “come buy me now”
- Sequential Advertising: “establish a connection then make your decision”
- Connect with your target audience
- According to a research project conducted by Facebook, Refinery 29 and Adaptly, there was an 87% increase of a product’s viewing rate due to having a story attached to it versus a 3% of consumers who hastily bought a product without a narrative
- Red Ocean Audience vs. Blue Ocean Audience:
- Red Ocean audiences consist of your competitors who are focused on trying to win over your consumers and clients
- Blue Ocean audiences consist of companies that are focused on attracting non-consumers
- Blue Ocean companies are oftentimes more educational, informative and beneficial in the consideration phases of the buyer’s journey
- Purpose of Sequential Advertising:
- Connect and engage with consumers early on in their buyer’s journey
- Understand the advantage of the 3 stages of the buyer’s journey: awareness, consideration and decision
- Save the customers from becoming bait to the standard advertising tactics
Thanks for checking out The #WeAreSlam Show, a digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency, the show exists to help marketing professionals, directors, and executives grow their brands and reach their customers in a more effective way. The #WeAreSlam Show is released weekly and featured on all popular podcast and video networks. Subscribe below at your favorite provider:
Subscribe to the #WeAreSLAM Show
The #WeAreSlam Show releases with a new topic every Monday morning at 8:00 A.M.
The #WeAreSlam Show is a weekly digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.