Today, we’re going to talk about purpose-driven storytelling. Great storytelling allows you to create raving fans and a community that is one with your brand. One of the best ways to accomplish this by showcasing your brand’s purpose and communicating your brand’s “Why.” In this episode, Michael and Tyler discuss 3 important keys to success for purpose-driven storytelling and provide some tips on how to best accomplish each facet.
- The Origin Story
- Creates context for why you exist
- Must be factual, emotional, & have some form of ideological truth
- What is your “Why”
- Consistent Storytelling
- Customers notice when your branding isn’t consistent
- If a customer doesn’t quickly understand who you are and what you do, they will likely not buy from you
- If you put forth your brand’s “Why” customers will create a connection with it
- Buying decisions are typically emotional and backed up with logic
- Messaging: how to put your customer at the forefront
- Create a message that conveys your purpose
- The message needs to speak to your target audience
- Ensure that the message clearly shows your customer that your product or service will take them from where they are now to where they want to be (AKA: the after-state)
- TIP: If sales are down…always check your offer
Thanks for checking out The #WeAreSlam Show, a digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency, the show exists to help marketing professionals, directors, and executives grow their brands and reach their customers in a more effective way. The #WeAreSlam Show is released weekly and featured on all popular podcast and video networks. Subscribe below at your favorite provider:
The #WeAreSlam Show is a weekly digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Here's What Our Customers are Saying