The world has changed. Whether or not it returns to normal is irrelevant if your business doesn’t make it through the storm.
Now is the time to make smart long term choices in order to survive and thrive amidst the current COVID-19 crisis.
Of course, you already know how important it is to connect in more human ways in digital spaces and social media platforms. Right now, taking extra care to be mindful of this truth and responding with forethought and empathy should be the focus of your marketing strategy.
Find ways to stay connected and engaged. Resist the urge to back away from the table and adopt a “watch and see” mindset.
Focus on abundance rather than scarcity.Businesses are resilient when they can adapt and times of crisis are the best breeding and testing grounds for innovative solutions. Click To Tweet
In this episode, we discuss:
- Responding Versus Reacting
- How short-term decisions made under stress can have a long-term impact on the future of your business.
- Communicating With Intention
- Make a conscious effort to be more attuned and empathetic when choosing your message
- Choosing Empathy
- Give consumers and vendors the benefit of the doubt
- Offer reassurance that we can overcome this together
- Don’t Be Tone Deaf
- Be cautious and review content that you’ve already scheduled for distribution (re-review weekly during uncertain times)
- Create new content that aligns with the current crises (and try to be positive)
- Keep Advertising
- Adopt an abundance mindset
- Now is the time to accelerate your business. Don’t operate from a place of scarcity.
- Keep Communicating
- Be human, be genuine, be warm
- Be together apart
You have everything it takes to get through these uncertain times. Know that when one door closes, another door opens. Be frugal, but don’t tighten up. Stay open. Breathe. It’s all going to be okay.
Thanks for checking out The #WeAreSlam Show, a digital marketing podcast where we share marketing trends, best practices, and ideas to help your business or brand grow.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency, the show exists to help marketing professionals, directors, and executives grow their brands and reach their customers in a more effective way. The #WeAreSlam Show is released weekly and featured on all popular podcast and video networks. Subscribe below at your favorite provider:
Subscribe to the #WeAreSLAM Show
The #WeAreSlam Show releases with a new topic every Monday morning at 8:00 A.M.
Learn marketing insights, best practices and ideas to help your business grow. The #WeAreSlam Show is a digital marketing podcast released every week for marketing professionals just like you.
Here's What Our Customers are Saying
Angela Caputa, Director of Marketing
Hoffmann Brothers (St. Louis & Nashville)
Travis Sheridan, Executive Director
Venture Cafe Global
Cyndie Roche, VP of Sales & Marketing
Payne Family Homes (St. Louis)