Does Youtube Really Work for Business Marketing?
Have you ever wondered if Youtube really makes sense for your brand or business? Is it just a network for binge watching entertaining videos or does it provide real business value? In this episode we cover the discoverability benefits of your brand being on Youtube.
Some of the details we discuss:
- Kids asking “Is this going on Youtube?”
- Youtube is the #2 site and search engine after Google
- Facebook and Instagram trying to catch up with Youtube when it comes to video views
- The difficulty of being a Youtube star or influencer
- The SEO and discoverability benefits of being on Youtube as a business
- Making searches in Youtube vs Google
- Youtube ads
- Viewer habits
- 6 second preroll ads and how they correlate with our attention
- Creating good video content
- Algorithm changes that happened in 2018
- Long tail keywords as a strategy for discoverability in search
- Being more relevant in search
- Impression and click-through rate data are now shown in the Youtube studio back-end
- Clickable titles and thumbnails
- Don’t keyword stuff!
- The machine learning AI behind photos — Google Cloud Vision
- Social media’s role in SEO value